On this page, the words ‘guitar’ and ‘bass’ are interchangeable.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
A promise to the original owner of a Teye guitar or bass: The instrument will be free of faults for the time that you own it (limited lifetime warranty) with certain exceptions and exclusions, see below. Anything that goes wrong other than through violent playing, accident, or tinkering with the instrument will be fixed or replaced free of charge. This excludes normal wear and tear (see a full list of exclusions below). Even if the mishap is not covered by the warranty, I will fix your guitar for a nominal fee. You should be very happy with your guitar, always, and I will do whatever it takes to achieve that, within reasonable limits. Even if you destroy your guitar on purpose, during a very inspired musical moment, yes even when you decided to modify the instrument and are now sorry, I will fix her without overcharging you.
All this of course only applies to instruments that come guaranteed from my workshop: i.e. purchased original from official Teye-guitars-dealers, or direct. For guitars bought on eBay, please see below.
Voiding the Warranty
The limited lifetime warranty is voided if you dive in to steal my secrets. The electronics are arranged in such a manner that you can easily replace the output jack or replace pickups. Anything else has been secured by black-boxing, and if you make efforts to dig deeper you will damage stuff. Please don’t. The wiring on this guitar is radically different from any other guitar: there is nothing here for you to repair or modify, and you will lose your warranty.
This warranty does not cover:
- Any instrument on which the serial number has been removed or altered.
- Any instrument not purchased from either me directly or from an authorized dealer, or upon which unauthorized repair or service work has been carried out.
- Any instrument which has not been registered at my workshop or web site within one month of purchase, or whose warranty card has been altered or includes false or incomplete information.
- Any instrument that has been damaged due to an accident, negligence or misuse.
- Shipping damage of any kind.
- Normal “wear and tear”, including but not limited to any discoloration, fading or damage to the original finish, or worn frets, strings, tuners, hardware and plating.
- Any subjective issues such as “tone”.
- Any instrument that has been subjected to extremes of humidity and temperature.
- Any workshop installed electronics and hardware after two years from the original date of purchase.
- Gold plating.
The Official Stuff
Teye-guitars make no other express warranty of any kind whatsoever. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Some states and/or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties so that the above may not apply to you.
Teye/Teye-guitars shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or other similar damage suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss or profits or business or damages resulting from use or performance of the instrument, whether in contract or in tort, even if Teye/Teyeguitars or its authorized representative has been advised of such damages, and Teye/Teye-guitars shall not be liable for any expenses, claims or suits arising out of or relating to any of the foregoing.
If at any time during the warranty, this guitar malfunctions due to faulty materials and workmanship, Teye guitars will, at it’s sole discretion, repair the defect without charge or replace it with a model of similar specification and value that does not exceed the original purchase price of the guitar.
To obtain warranty assistance, this guitar must be taken to an authorized Teye-guitars dealer with a copy of the sales receipt to obtain a return authorization prior to return to the workshop.
All shipping and insurance, including any perceived “collector” value, are the sole responsibility of the original purchaser.
On arrival at the Teye-guitars workshop, a determination will be made whether the defect is covered under the terms of the warranty. If the repair is covered under the terms of the warranty, it will be repaired at no cost to the original purchaser including return shipping. If the repair is not covered under warranty, an estimate of the cost of the repair to the original purchaser will be given. Rates for repair: hourly shop rate is $75, and parts will be provided at nominal cost. Please be advised that our proprietary parts are superior but expensive.
Ebay: I give NO WARRANTY on instruments bought off of eBay.
Purchase- and Return-policy
General purchase policy
The following applies to guitars bought directly from me. If you purchase a guitar from a dealer, please check with that dealer for their purchase policy.
“To get on the waiting list: a deposit/down-payment is required. This deposit is one-third of the purchase price of the desired instrument. The final price is then guaranteed, but the delivery date is an honest estimate (I cannot hurry the process while maintaining quality) Please contact me about current price and wait times.
- GRACE PERIOD: Guitars, once shipped to you, have a courtesy approval period of 3 days, in which you may decide to send the instrument back. I will then either rectify your concerns, make you another one, or refund your money as is customary in the high end guitar domain. See below for full details on my return policy.
- Special Request guitars have their own policy (see below).
- Shipping charges incl insurance, or if applicable, sales tax/import duties are for the customer.
- Methods of payment accepted: check, money order, credit cards (a 3% surcharge) and PayPal (incurs a 5% surcharge)
You are invited to come and A/B the Electric Gypsy with my $90,000 Zemaitis Pearl Front, or any guitar/bass of mine with any guitar/bass you care to bring. I do have exquisite amps, but please feel free to bring your preferred one(s). Please advise well in advance: I of course do not keep the Z at my house.
A pre-mature cancellation/retraction from the wait list is accepted only under the following terms: because I plan the work, buy parts and cut/sand wood based on my order list, your guitar has used up resources even before I started on the actual build. THIS is why you pay a deposit. So if you wish to cancel your spot on the waiting list, it may be that I will have to finish the guitar and sell it before I can return all of your deposit, simply because those resources are tied up in your guitar.
Thank you for your interest!”
Policy on Special Request instruments:
Any out-of-the-ordinary special engraving (personal symbols; names etc), any different color scheme, different neck specs, different woods, any so-called one-off builds, and also a Left Handed instrument, are all considered Special Request guitars.
- Special Request guitars must be paid in full before I start on the ’special request’ part. I DO make exceptions to this rule, depending on the instrument. Please contact me.
- Special Requests do have the three day grace period. If you wish to return you Special Request guitar, please observe the following:
- I must sell the Special Request guitar before I can refund your money – no exceptions to this rule;
- Your refund will be the amount I receive, minus up to a 10% fee
- I may have to sell the guitar at a discount. This will be agreed upon with you before I do so.
BUT: I will gladly make you your special dream guitar or bass!!! And: so far so good: all customers have been very happy with their special instruments.
Left Handed Guitars and basses
Left-handed guitars and basses of all series and all models- are available at no additional cost. No dreaded 15% mark-up.
- A ‘leftie’ is a ‘special request’ guitar (see above for details) Please e-mail or call me if you have questions.
- The wait time for a Leftie is more than the wait time for a Rightie, simply because they take longer to make.
- One more thing: my Left-handed guitars can be ordered with Left Hand or Right Hand pots
Teye™-guitars return policy
On any guitar or bass ordered and bought directly from me, you have upon delivery a three day grace period* during which you may decide if the guitar is the right one for you. There are four possibilities:
- You love the guitar, she will stay with you and provide pleasure and inspiration.
- You love the guitar minus a small detail: send her back and I will immediately address your concerns.
- You love the guitar, but the one you have is just ‘not right’ for you. Send her back: I will immediately make you a new one.
- You are unable to bond with the guitar at all.
In case of 4, you may send her back. If the guitar is without any special requests, and of course in pristine original condition, I will refund your money, minus any shipping charges or bank fees. All shipping charges and bank transfer fees as well as customs fees are always the responsibility of the customer. IF SHIPPING WAS OFFERED ‘FREE’ WITH THE SALE, then when you send her back and it is therefor NOT A SALE, you must PAY for the original shipping, and I will deduct that from your refund.
The refund may not be immediate, and may have to be done in several payments. The guitar was made, and it took parts and resources to build her.
Please also note that if a guitar is delivered as per specs on this web site and you decide after you receive her that you do not like the specs, this return policy is NOT in effect. I refer to things like scale length, neck width etc.
Special request guitars have their own policy as stated above.
*Three-day grace period: the interval of 72 hours immediately after you or your agent or representative take delivery of the guitar. You must contact me during this period with your concerns in order to be eligible for a refund.
If you are uncomfortable in accepting these rules and policies, please do not send a deposit.
Guitars bought from dealers
If you order and/or purchase from one of our dealers, the dealer’s purchase and refund policies of course apply.